Month -18 (approximately)
- Congratulations, you won the bid for DebConfX!
- The first activity on your list is to start getting involved with teams for DC-1X. It's a great way to gain experience in how DebConf works (and doesn't), and build up skills for running a DebConf.
- Prepare a press release announcing the bid [Global Team, DCX Team]
 Month -17 (approximately)
- Start work on the venue contract [Facilities Team, DCX Team]
- Start work on the conference logo [DCX Team]
- Start work on the conference website. If any infrastructure changes are planned (e.g. new templating system or new scheduling/registration system), it's very important to start early. [Infra Team, DCX Team]
- Put plenty of contact information on the site. Not only email but also phone numbers.
- (optional:) Add a countdown widget, be it in days, or even minutes. "Only 514 days left before..."
- Start work on the sponsor's brocure. [Sponsors Team, DCX Team]
 Month -12
- Attend DC-1X, and volunteer on-site. [Local Team]
- Present a session about DCX, what attendees can expect. [DCX Team]
 Month -11
- Finalize sponsor's brochure [Sponsors Team, DCX Team]
- Finalize venue contract (if not already completed) [Facilities Team, DCX Team]
 Month -10
 Month -9
 Month -8
 Month -7
- Create a basic page of how to reach host city for people planning their trips [DCX Team]
 Month -6
- Call for papers + Opening of registration [Content Team, Infra Team]
- Get budget approved [Facilities Team, DCX Team]
 Month -5
- Decide on T-shirt printer, and T-shirt design (colors, logo placement, etc)
- Reminder on the registration dates + initial announcement of some content
- Deadline for attendees to request sponsorship
 Month -4
- Bursaries responds to attendees that requested sponsoring saying yes or no
- Figure out childcare offers and coordinate with any parent attendees [Facilities Team]
 Month -3
- Start working on a "Welcome to DCX" file with all the info in as few pages as possible (personalized to include personal info including dates, amount that needs to get paid, etc)
 Month -2
- Order T-shirts
 Month -1
- Finalize numbers for lodging
- Complete the "getting to" page with pictures and step-by-step on how to reach the venue and lodging
- Send out the personalized "Welcome to DCX" file
 Month 0
- Make a "Welcome" post to the site on the first day.
- Enjoy the conference!
- Make a thanks and wrapup post to the site on the last day.
 Month +1
- Final Report