indiebio (119) tumbleweed (74) cate (21) marga (18) tamo_ (15) madduck (12) gwolf (11) larjona_m (8) tassia (8) ginggs (7) moray (5) MeetBot (4) edrz (4) bremner (4) Ganneff (1) jcristau (1) fil (1) highvoltage (1)
- DLange travelling, so unfortunately can't attend
- nkukard travelling, so unfortunately can't attend
 General Points
 Another Poker
indiebio: I am a 'see many details' person, not a 'chase important stuff' person. We need to fill that role with immediate effect. Alternatively/additionally, we need more than one level of poker. E.g. I can poke for an amount of time, but at some stage if that is not efficient anymore, we need to be able to call in a big gun. Said another way, I can cover breadth, with many different little things, but the big important in-depth things trip me up. Think webs and spiders. I'm the web, not the spider. The tasks are flies.
 Braai (Barbecue)
Diarise: Braai in Cape Town: Saturday 10 October, Nigel's place. indiebio will mail out details, when she has the address.
Get tasks on to the Timeline - can work through the timeline team by team (Aka over a couple of meetings, doing it properly will take time)
 Task Groups Status Report
NOTE: (Ideally I would suggest you should get status reports going to the mailing list before meetings, so that meetings can just deal with open questions/problems.)
- Content team
We need info on "speaking (topics, deadlines, type of talk) "
- Participant assistance team
Take note of website discussions - keep team informed of requirements for registration
Visa team: volunteers? (local people needed to sign invitation letters, but now we need to collect visa requirements/information)
Registration opening: ETA January. Bursaries team: ETA January, Rest: later
- Facilities team
CMC contract should be ready early next week - ginggs
- Social Activities team
I would suggest ordering T's, Banners, Signage ect, to be done in April not May we would need 2-3weeks actual/lead time and an extra week - in case something goes wrong.
- Need coordination with Registration team - can we move registration earlier?
T-shirts mid October - scope fabrics, printers. Get an ideas wiki/titanpad going. Swag bags, fabric, styles etc. too.
- Fundraising team
Brochure should be ready for second review by Friday
Is it possible to have this completed by the end of next week?
- Fundraising meeting
Saturday 16:00 UTC (I think - noon EST). - bgupta
- Treasurer team
nkukard: I have updated the budget with values received since last meeting, its in git. Still waiting for rough estimates from other teams. http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/dc16.git/tree/budget/budget.ledger
Can we get a time when this becomes priority? (ASAP after contracts??)
- Infrastructure team
Wafer: now pyconza, then real work for DebConf.
Put thoughts here: https://titanpad.com/443gTylF6p
Waiting on email of requirements from RichiH to UCT infra cc ginggs
Can we get the debconf16.debconf.org space and things sorted out already to have a splashpage ready as soon as we've concluded the basics?
- Video team
soon a sprint: https://wiki.debian.org/sprints/2015/VideoTeam
- Coordination team
coord team: schedule meeting? post-mortem?, send reminder early enough
- If you want a blogpost to be published in debconf blog, about dc16 preparation started (+link to dc15 talk about dc16), just decide a date of publishing and I'll send a draft accordingly.
- We also need a square logo/icon for when debconf16 blog posts appear in planet.debian.org (give me an URL to the image and I'll reduce it and upload to the planet. I digged a bit by myself but couldn't figure out if there are multiple logos or if it's still undecided...).
- I don't control @debconf at twitter. If the people currently controlling @debconf are not available for dc16 publicity in twitter, we'd need to find somebody. I could be in charge, I know how twitter works, but personally I prefer the free networks, so I'd prefer somebody else to do that task.
- task description + volunteers welcome URL is in the pad, and Debian in the field blog posts idea is being worked on with Bernelle+me+publicity team.
 Summary of meetings for the next week
- Fundraising meeting: Saturday 16:00 UTC (I think - noon EST).
 Next Meeting
- Date: 2015-09-30
- Agenda points raised during this meeting:
- indiebio to send ack email to Enricho sponsor
- We will have a timeline meeting in about 2 weeks, requiring participation of PA, Content, Infra and any other interested parties