DebConf9/Francisco de Sande
The first guests can arrive to the residence on July, 23rd (not before).
 General information
Colegio Mayor "Francisco de Sande" Callejon Pereros, 2 10002-Cáceres.
The residence is opened from 08:30 to 24:00 (please avoid coming back later, but you can ring the guard)
The room are scattered all over that old building. The "numbering" scheme is based on the corridor to which the room is connected.
Ground floor (Planta Baja):
- Piso R (rooms R1 to R3)
First Floor (Planta Primera):
- Piso A (rooms A1 to A4)
- Piso B (rooms B1 to B6)
- Piso C (rooms C1 to C5)
- Piso D (rooms D1 to D5)
- Piso S (rooms S1 to S3)
- Piso T (rooms T1 to T3)
Second floor (Planta Segunda):
- Piso E (rooms E1 to E5)
- Piso F (rooms F1 to F5)
- Piso G (rooms G1, G2 and G4)
The actual room allocation is: http://the.earth.li/~noodles/dc9-rooms-final-2
- towels and blankets are provided
- soap and shampoo are not provided.
The rooms are cleaned daily, but you need to do your bed your self.
- There is one key per room (i.e not one key per person)
- You MUST leave the key at reception when you go out.
 Food, drinks, etc.
If you want, you can have your breakfast at FdS.
- 08:15 => 9h00 (it's free)
The other meals are served at Diego Muñoz Torrero (see DebConf9/Welcome page).
There are some vending machines with coffee, etc.
The residence has a laundry. We are allowed to use their machines (for free).
- Price: free
- Where: ground floor
- When: use it in the morning
- dryer: yes, free
- Soap: not provided (see LaundryCoordination to buy soap...)
- Softener: not provided
 Nearby Shop
There is a grocery shop nearby. There are also a few other shops near the roundabout on the way to Diego Muñoz Torrero.
There are 4 wireless network available:
- dc9_fds (without encryption)
- fdebconf_wpa (key = "debconf9")
- tdebconf_wpa (key = "debconf9")
- There is also a Wifi network provided by the hotel, which is supposed the be reachable in all the rooms. It uses a captive portal and you will be provided with a username / password for the captive portal when you arrive (ask for your account at the reception).
Sorry, there is no official hacklab, but you can stay at the lounge room.
 Departure / Check-out
On your departure day please leave the room before 15h00. Do not forget to return the key.
Reminder: you have to pay your room to DebConf (i.e not to the Hotel).
 See also
- http://www.cmusande.org/ (spanish, you can see some pictures)
- There is a kind of cinema, with movies played on the 28th and 30th.
- You may smoke outside on the patio which is near to the breakfast room.
- You cannot throw paper or other stuff in the zone S & T toilet because it will become blocked very easily.