(See also DebConf7/VenueRequirements)
stuff we should sort out with the venue to make a firm booking:
availability -- check we're getting the best dates available
price given the following, in the case of Teviot:
- renting the whole building between set dates (Saturday 9 June--Sunday 24 June inclusive?)
- allowing us to put in networking from outside, and run cables around the building (preferably via their structured cabling, plugged into our switches)
- access to comms room N weeks prior to rental period, so we can have BT/NTL/whoever in well before debcamp, and confim existence of bandwidth (N should problably be >2)
- some hacking space open 24 hours
- canteen open for two meals a day (perhaps two hours each)
- bar open in evenings
other issues to check -- needn't be in initial agreement:
- what installed AV (sound?) equipment / networking is there, can we use this?
- chairs for the talk rooms, chairs and tables for the hacking rooms - do they have ones we can use (do we need to pay extra?), or should we rent them externally?
- what are the capacities / power availabilities in different rooms? need to work out room usage based on this.