Debian Conference todo: sleeping facilities
- Universitys dormatory (HUT)
- HUT has proposed 20Ke rent of a complete building.
- accomodation is of the form of 18 big rooms of 29m2 and 36 small ones of 10-12 m2. The large rooms have 2 beds in, and the small rooms one. There is no other furniture. If people bring air mattresses or camp beds, the large rooms should be able to comfortably sleep 6 people, and the small rooms 3. This means we can sleep a max of 216 people.
- The small rooms are parts of 'apartments' of 2 to 3 rooms. each apartment has a bathroom, a shared wardrobe and a kitchen with fridge, but no other utensils, crockery or cutlery.
- large rooms have on-suite bathrooms, a mini kitchen and a wardrobe.
- the block has 5 floors,
- basement has plain rooms, and this is where we will hack :)
- floors 2 and 3 each have 6 large rooms and 3 apartments of 2, 3 and 4 small rooms, respectively
- floor 4 has 5 large rooms and 4 apartments of 2, 2, 3 and 4 rooms respectively
- floor 5 has 3 apartments with 2, 2, and 3 rooms respectively, and one large room.
- WLan and 100Mbit TP
- cleaning service: ISS is in charge of cleaning the building after the debconf. However it will be dusting the place and surface cleaning, so we have to take care of everyday cleaning.
- cheap hotels close to location
- Radisson SAS Espoo (Located in Otaniemi itself, 10 min walking): http://www.thenationalanthems.com/europe/fi/espoo/radisson-sas-hotel-espoo.htm
- Helka Hotel (Located in the center of Helsinki, 20 min by buss to Otaniemi): http://www.helka.fi/
- More info from previous events: http://www.vtt.fi/MilliLab/pages/hotels.htm
- Budget hotels: http://www.travellerspoint.com/hostels-en-ci-507.html
<< back to DebConf5Todo