Debconf todo: Conference Management System
This is a list of requirements or wishlist features, sorted by the time they are needed first.
- `Registration` What do we need from people at registration time?
- irc nick
- name, email, books they want, room mates
- arrival and departure time, flight numbers?
- want to participate at keysigning party? /Registration is basically done - Arrival, departure, flight numbers and KSP participation can be easily added./ _registration time (chistmas)_
- `Mailing Lists` automatic subscription and removal to deconf mailinglists _registration time_
- `Password Handling` for website, conference network, perhaps even mailinglist(?), (using mod_kerberos for fast and easy authentification during the conf?) /I would stay out of going into mod_kerberos - We have already the whole system based on Apache::Session... although, if someone volunteers to doing it... :) Just keep in mind that Comas was not just planned to run under Apache (although it does right now), so... Well, I would like any change to be mapped into the Comas model/ _registration time_
- `Lists` create room lists, arrival and departure lists _between registration and reconfirmation_
- `notification system` remind people to attend talks, book food, book trips? does this need an irc/mail interface? is this the same notification system that notifies people to reconfirm their registration before registration time? _before reconfirmation_
- `Talks/bofs Management` manages talks/bofs <-> auditoriums <-> interested participants <-> best day (when most interested people are at the conference). /The conference system right now manages the first relation, and the second relation is implemented a bit differently, but can be somewhat easily be made. The third relation... Well, help wanted :)/ _between reconfirmation and conference start_
- `DebConf5COMASTalkScheduling` Finding potential for parallelizing talks/bofs by identify disjoint set of people wanting to attend different talks and put those talks into different rooms at the same time if possible, minimizing the overlap. /Needs to be done, right? A./ _between reconfirmation and conference start_
- `room booking` (prefere to share a room with participants X and Y) or see to it that people are distributed evenly over all available rooms _reconfirmation time_
- `trip booking` (want to participate in certain recreational activities) _during reconfirmation(?) an during conference_
- `Name Tag Printing` (even late arrivals who show up spontanious) Done. _conference start_
- `food booking` (when do people want to eat at debconf, when not? what kind of food at what day?) _during conference_
R: Gunnar Wolf: /My comments are the italicized text/ /Mine too!/ Andreas Schuldei. (c:
<< Back to DebConf5Todo