This page aims to give clear informations about how well the priorites listed by DebConf are achieved and other needed information.
 Status updates
 Priority list
1 - "affordable" for both sponsors and attendees
For people coming from North America and Europe, Brazil should be very cheap.
2 - strong, mature, experienced local team
None of us has experience with the DebConf organization. However, we have had great experiences in organizing various free Software events, including 2 MiniDebconfs.
3 - good working spaces
UFTPR has several teaching labs that can be used as hacklabs so this should not be a problem. There are also outdoor tables close to the auditoriums; depending on the weather they are good as well.
4 - excellent network connectivity
UTFPR has a 1gbps link so we should be good.
5 - quality and quantity of food and drink in close proximity
There is a mall across the street from the venue. It has a food court that is able to feed several hundreds of people at a time. There are viable vegan and vegetarion options in several of the restaurants of the food court. Also, there are many restaurants around the venue because it is in a comercial area. There is a supermarket few blocks from the venue.
6 - suitable accommodation in close proximity
There are several hotels really close to the venue. The ones we are targetting are just 2-3 blocks away.
7 - presentation facilities
We will be using 2 auditoriums that are great for presentations. We will be able to use as many classrooms as we need.
8 - travel logistics
Curitiba (CWB) is a short flight away from the major hubs in Brazil (São Paulo - GRU, Brasília - BSB, Rio de Janeiro - GIG).
9 - accessibility
The city of curitiba has good accessibility. Almost all streets have signage to facilitate accessibility. UTFPR is well-suited for easy access by all.
 Strong points in our bid
- Experience team organizing free software events
- Curitiba is a multicultural metropolis
- City with easy mobility
- Huge variety of food
- Strong hospitality of Brazilians
- Good weather - winter is not strict here.
- Strong local debian community
- Venue is a public university and it will be free of costs
- Comfortable accommodation (hotel)
 Weak points in our bid
- Accomodation costs
- Accomodation is not in the same building of the venue
- We don't have experience to organize Debconf previously
 Strong points in other bids
- Hsinchu is in Asia. It would be the first Debconf on that continent.
- Accomodation free of costs
- Local IT Companies are internacional and they have many developers and engineers
- Local people are mostly english speakers.
- Contact with Oriental culture