- mention sponsors
- tell people which hashtags etc. to use for social media
- tell people where to upload their photos if that is still relevant by then
- show map of building/surroundings
- tell people how one is supposed to interact in talks
- Somewhere in our DebConf institutional knowledge, we should make a note to give people a five minute talk in the Welcome to DebConf talk about how to be an audience member. Stuff like "wait for the mike, no, really, even if the question is short" and "please stand up unless you really, really don't want to be filmed for some reason.
- People are used to other conferences where there's either an aisle mike and people have to queue to ask questions, or the conference just doesn't care about video and remote attendees.