Setup & Checks
 Setting Up the Mixer
Check the control view in the Behringer mixer (layout might be slightly different for other mixers).
- The mix controls are highlighted at the left. The mute or on/off button is above each slider with small buttons controlling which mixer bus that channel will be included in.
- The audience microphones sliders are identified by tapes types and/or colors. The tape on the mixer will be the same as the tape on the microphone.
- The sub mixer levels can be seen highlighted in blue, they control the mix to the stream. The main mixer levels can be seen highlighted in green, they control the mix to the room. These positions might be switched for mixers other then the Behringer, but they are always labeled in the mixer.
- The lowest level knobs above the sliders control stereo panning.
- The knobs above them control equalization and shoouldn´t be touched unless you know what you are doing.
- The buttons above the sub mixer which are highlighted in red should not be pressed. These would send the sub mix into the main mix, which we don't want. Loud squealing is likely to ensue if they are pressed!
 Pre-day Checks
For the first talk of the day check that:
- Check the main output is muted (room slider down)
- Turn on phantom power (switch on the back of Behringer mixer, might be a button on the mixer)
- Check the powered speakers are on and bring up the main output
- Check each of the mics work
- Check the levels are sane
- Check the mix is getting to the camera
- Check the levels of the mix at the camera are good
- Turn the ambient mix up, unmute it and confirm you can hear ambience sound in the headphone and on the stream itself.
 Pre-talk Checks
- Unmute all channels
- Make sure each mic is working
- Confirm the levels are OK
- Confirm the mix is getting to the camera
- Check the batteries are not running low (will be shown by a red light on the speaker mic)
- Run a sound check with the talkmeister and with the speaker
 Post-talk Checks
- Turn down the room mixer and the stream mixer
- Mute all channels
- Check all mics are turned off (including the speaker mics)
If everything is crap you really need to get hold of Q or ask for help at the IRC channel to get the mixers back to a sane setting. Hopefully this won't be needed.