Role of the talk coordinater (aka "Talkmeister")
We need volunteers to help coordinate the talk in each room.
Your job as a talk coordinator, named "Talkmeister" will be basic logistics:
- make sure you can find the speaker(s)
- greet them nicely, let them know how you'll be helping.
- tell them when the event starts and stops
- help them with the microphone/video setup, if needed
- provide water for the speaker to drink
- help the video team
- the video team usually have a "room coordinator" (or Director) in each talkroom, who make sure videoteam are there, etc..
- make sure the speaker and the video team is ready before starting the talk
- make sure the speaker knows when the talk starts and stops!
- all talks are 45 minutes long
- talks stop 15 minutes before the next talk begins
- at the start of the session, clearly announce the topic of the session, and (briefly!) introduce the speaker.
- give the speaker an indication when 10 minutes, 5 minutes, and 1 minute remain in their talk.
- stop them when their talk is up!
- during discussion/Q&A, run microphones for questions from audience, if needed.
 How to volunteer
Volunteer organization might be a bit different for each DebConf. But the conference management system (penta) is used to coordinate the talkmeister role. Please sign up there:
- Penta volunteer scheduleing (pick the role "Talkmeister")
If you're willing to volunteer to coordinate multiple talks (please do!), then please try to sign up for several talks contiguously. e.g. pick a talk room, and coordinate every talk in that room before (or after) lunch.
 Videoteam vs. Talkmeister roles
<h01ger> i totally see benefits in having this seperated, and vice versa <tiago> h01ger, not sure, I can call for volunteers and assign them, but not monitoring, that'd take me the whole conference.... <h01ger> i dont think talkmaster needs much monitoring / i do think thats monitoring the videoteam room coordinator can do: ask for a talkmaster if none is there <tiago> so I suggest that we consider talkmeister as a different role, and use video room coordinator to assume in case talkmeister fails to show up <h01ger> so we keep it seperated but videoteam helps to make sure this role is occupied?! <tiago> perfect <h01ger> indeed