Steps to help pick a new conference management system
- Choose a system to evaluate and put your name next to it
- Copy and paste the template below into a draft email
- Fill it out with the answers for the system you've chosen
- It's free text, change it however you need, but try to keep it easy to compare.
- Email the result to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use a Subject line beginning with [penta] so people can ignore it if they want.
- Discuss the resulting options via email and at meetings.
 Systems to evaluate
Add any others to this list.
|Software Name||Software URL||Language||Evaluator Name|
|Act (A Conference Toolkit)||http://act.mongueurs.net/ https://github.com/book/Act (psgi branch)||Perl||doesnt work|
|Open Conference System (OCS)||http://pkp.sfu.ca/?q=ocs||PHP||gwolf|
 Email template
Basic info ---------- Software name: URL: License: Last sign of upstream activity: Programming language: Supported database backends: Supported authentication backends: DebConf requirements: --------------------- Ability to manage attendee data: Talk submission workflow: Talk rating workflow: Talk feedback workflow: Reporting ability: Internationalization capability: Ability to extend in a maintainable way: Any other DebConf features already supported: Have you ever successfully installed or hacked it? Was it hard? Overall summary --------------- Most important strengths: Most important weaknesses: Would you recommend we use it, and why?