Debian Mini Conf AU/NZ @ Linux.conf.au 2015 - Auckland
Draft page Apr 2014
A mini-conf will happen at the University of Auckland as a pre-cursor to LCA 2015 (LCA is 12 - 16 January).
 Saturday 10th January - Sunday 11th January 2015
The format of the mini-conf is:
- Saturday 10th: Internally-focused Debian disussions
- Sunday 11th: Bug squashing party
- Monday 12th: Debian miniconf at LCA2015
 Call for proposals
A call for proposals for both days will be issued in H2 2014. Missed that target.
Annouced on 2014-11-26. CFP sent to:
- Linux Aus
- Debian-AU mailing list
- Linux Weekly News
If you have questions about the Debian miniconf please post them to the mailing list:
Catalyst IT is our sponsor venue. Thank you Catalyst!
University of Auckland
 Key-signing party
The Debian Project is considering replacing existing GPG keys with stronger ones using SHA256 or better without downgrading its WoT. Please read the Debian announcement at http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/09/msg00003.html.
The process to create a new 4096-bits RSA key is documented at http://keyring.debian.org/creating-key.html by Ana Beatriz Guerrero López (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you plan to migrate your WoT, you should read "HOWTO prep for migration off of SHA-1 in OpenPGP" at http://www.debian-administration.org/users/dkg/weblog/48 by Daniel Kahn Gillmor (email@example.com).
Also read the article at https://we.riseup.net/debian/openpgp-best-practices by dkg and others.
Before signing keys with caff, put the three lines below at the end of both ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf and ~/.caff/gnupghome/gpg.conf to use SHA2 in preference to SHA1.
personal-digest-preferences SHA512 cert-digest-algo SHA512 default-preference-list SHA512 SHA384 SHA256 SHA224 AES256 AES192 AES CAST5 ZLIB BZIP2 ZIP Uncompressed
The keysigning event is going to be uncoordinated. So, please bring your key already printed.
To help us organize it efficiently, please:
- print some copies of your key fingerprint;
- print the attendees list you will receive before the event;
- come with all that stuff, one or two identity documents and a pen.
It will also be possible to get accredited for CAcert. If you want to participate in the CAcert accreditation, please bring:
- if you are already an assurer or close to become one, some copies of the accreditation form pre-filled with your name as the assurer;
- in all cases, some copies of the accreditation form pre-filled with your name as the requester;
- two or more identity documents.
Add yourself to the list.
|N||Name||Arrival||Departure||Confirmed||PGP ID||PGP Fingerprint||Notes|
|1||Aníbal Monsalve Salazarfirstname.lastname@example.org||Yes||4096R/947897D8
Send your queries to email@example.com.
Other contacts (please add yourself if you would like to help):
- James Bromberger - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrew Ruthven - email@example.com
- Aníbal Monsalve Salazar - firstname.lastname@example.org