This page is historical/informational.
 Information for bidders
- Talk to email@example.com to get an address in debconf.net assigned! (Can point to your host(s) but can also host the servers for you on debconf.org resources)
- Be sure to get and fill out the LocationCheckList - That's our main working document!
- Link to your country's proposal from this page, in the next section. It must be ready before June 16, so it is presented at DebConf7.
- If nobody from the bidding group can attend DebConf7, please inform the DebConf organizing team so you are still taken into account.
- A decision should be reached by August-September.
 DebConf9 bids
 Old (and deprecated) information
The following information was posted as mere tentatives. Of course, I do not want to make it unavailable - If you posted it and are withdrawing the bid, please remove it. Otherwise, it will probably be ignored anyway ;-)
This is a summary of the probable venues Debconf9 can take place at:
- madduck suggests to have DebConf9 in Thailand, which would make it the first DebConf in Asia with the number of Buddhism (9). There's a discussion list at http://lists.madduck.net/mailman/listinfo/debconf-thailand .
- Brussels wants to hold Debconf9, see: Belgium. There is an early discussion mailing list at: http://samba.grep.be/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/debconf-belgium
- Greece didn't make it for DebConf7, but definitely wants to try organizing DebConf9.
- SimonLaw wants to host Debconf9 at MontrÃ©al, Canada. See Montreal for more details
- Germany want's to host DebConf9 in (or near to) the city of Berlin. The UserGroup in Fulda (exactly the middle of Germany) is also interested to host DebConf9
- Italian developers started talking about hold Debconf9 in Italy. (ask more info to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Junta de Extremadura, regional goverment of Extremadura, wants to host DebConf9 in the city of CÃ¡ceres. (ask more info to email@example.com)