Sponsoring details
(extracted from this message)
The process of determining who gets sponsored is like this:
- All applications are looked at by a team of nine people.
- Each member of the team decides whether the applicant should get sponsored (yes, no, maybe, pass). This results in some score being attached to the application.
- All scores are added up and the applications are sorted.
- The money is given top-down the list until the amount dedicated for attendee sponsoring is used up.
 Criteria for scoring the applications
In no particular order:
- How do the travel costs compare to those given by other applicants from the same area.
- The work already done for debian and outside.
- The work that has been/will be done for debconf (talks, organisation, volunteering, etc).
Of course this list can't be complete. Each member of the sponsorship team applies his/her own criteria.