BoF at DebConf7
by Holger Levsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
But this is really a BoF. I'm going to present some issues and would like to discuss (possible) solutions. Thanks! for your participation.
 the issue
- Debian-Edu doesn't want to maintain an own archive and own CDs
- we want to contribute to Debian directly and benefit from it
- other CDDs have the same goals
 modifiying other packages conffiles and configuration files
 modifying debian-installer
- debian-edu has two extra udebs, which modify the way debian-installer works.
- ask all questions in the beginning
- 4 main profiles
- modify conf. files in the end
 having an official Debian-CD for Debian-Edu
- debian-edu should be just another flavor, like gnome, kde, xfce - shouldn't it?
- but extra udebs
- space issue on cdimage.debian.org - really an issue? we only have 3 archs (= three CDs more) and 1 DVD, so that 6 GB
 debian-edu sub-flavors
- very easy way to modify and rebuild needed (think: for teachers... ;)