Debconf Assassins
Get ready for round two!
You can leave the game at any time (though you have to tell the referee who then passes your target on to your assassin), but you cannot join once it started. Thus, make sure to sign up via the conference management system now, like all the others have already done.
The game starts on Saturday, 16 June 2007 at 22:00 UTC (that's 2300 local time).
We are playing with the same rules as last year.
Everyone gets a target person randomly picked from the list of people playing the game. Be sure not to tell anyone who your target is. Your task is to assassinate your victim by touching him/her with a (clean) sock on the upper body. The sock must be in your hands at time of contact. Also, please refrain from any violence.
When you assassinate your target, your target's target becomes your new target. If your assassin assassinates you, your target becomes your assassins target.
At the end of the game, the winner will be determined by the largest amount of kills. Each kill must be reported to the referee, e.g. by the killed player.
Now here are the rules:
- You must touch/brush/pet/whack your target with a (clean) sock on the upper body. The sock has to be in your hands at the moment of contact.
- No other participant of the game may witness this act. If someone does and announces it (or confirms the victim's claim), your mission failed. You must wait 24 hours before you can retry (but now your target knows whom to watch out for). The other rules still apply as before, meaning you still have to catch your target alone after those 24 hours. So you better be careful.
- You are not allowed to "attack" in the person's own room or house.
- Bathrooms are off-limit.
- Never talk about the game to anyone while it's going on. Well, that's a guideline, not a rule. There is more tension if no-one knows who to look out for or what's happening.
 Comments or questions?
Add them here!
 New ideas for rules, weapons etc.
- 'Dead' people are no witnesses. aka. Ghosts tell no tales.