List of known working systems
- Atheros chipsets with madwifi driver: both xsupplicant and wpa_supplicant work
- ipw2100 reportedly work with recent enough kernel + driver + firmware. Maybe you need a patch. Here's a working configuration.
- prism2 and hostap driver works with wpasupplicant and xsupplicant
- prism54 works with a stock sarge and xsupplicant -- needs only the xsupplicant config, the CA certificate and a few lines in /etc/network/interfaces to work automatically (fabbe)
- Linksys WPC11 v4 (r8180) works okayish (except long hangs during re-auth) with ndiswrapper and wpasupplicant (remember -D ndiswrapper). Might help with other cards too?
- Broadcom BCM4306 using ndiswrapper: wpa_supplicant works (remember -D ndiswrapper), xsupplicant not tested
- Medion MD41700 built-in Prism Javelin/Xbow with ndiswrapper, 2.6.13-rc3 and wpa_supplicant. xsupplicant did not work.
- Ralink RT2500 (Gigabyte mini-PCI 802.11b/g) works with xsupplicant in sid
- Belkin F5D6020-V3, (rtl8180), using ndiswrapper: xsupplicant and wpa_supplicant work.
 List of problematic systems
- ipw2200 driver 1.0.4, kernel 22.214.171.124 isn't wpa compilant, xsupplicant gives an error like: Invalid parameters passed to eap_request_id()! - others seem to have it working with some configuration?
- works just fine for me with same versions! (-liiwi)
- Now that I think of it, I think I've seen that same error if I had started xsupplicant before associating to AP or had wpasupplicant running on the background.
- xsupplicant is not endian clean and does not run properly on big-endian systems like powerpc
- needs to be tested and bug filed. (-liiwi)
- Orinoco tested with xsuppplicant (liiwi?) - doesn't work for others, it seems
- my d-link dwl-650 has 1.7.x firmware, which might explain it (-liiwi)
- Apple Airport cards may be needed to be flashed to support 128bit WEP
- uh, Debconf AP's were configured to only require 40-bit WEP. We could not get any of them to associate, and AP logs said "autentication failed". Endianess issues in the driver?
- older prism2 firmwares may only partially work and need upgrade
- Toresbe has a working realtek wireless card with xsupplicant? (No, he does not. -Sesse)
- Hrm, I thought luciano had his realtek one working (-liiwi)
- at76c50x (Belkin F5D6020-V2)
eth1: MAC address 00:30:bd:d1:24:a7 eth1: Atmel at76c50x wireless. Version 0.96 email@example.com eth1: Belkin F5D6020-V2 index 0x01: Vcc 5.0, irq 3, io 0x0100-0x011f eth1: no IPv6 routers present Does not work (No frames received)