This page describes the organization activities that are taking place to have DebConf5 in Helsinki, Finland.
Right now, we have some preliminary information about the possible dates and place:
From July 1st till 18th. HUT, Otaniemi, Espoo, Finland.
- hacklab (computers, connectivity)
- testing facilities (serial cables, screens, connectivity, screwdrivers & tools)
- bof facilities (smaller rooms, if possible with beamers, connectivity)
- auditorium/audimax for talks
- coffe and soft drinks, snacks
- lan connection/ wireless connection
- R: Jesus Climent
> The proposed building has internet connection
- IT administration
- load balancing ?
- sleeping facilities
- Universitys dormatory without furniture but WLan and 100Mbit TP
- cleaning service
- gym hall for low budget close to the location, connectivity
- cheap hotels close to location
- 100-150 people (expected to be able to house 200)
> HUT has proposed 20Ke rent of a complete building. > missing beds and/or mattresses.
- if possible use the mensa(?)
- or provide a catering similar to what we had in oslo
- Liw's sister is a source of information
> R: Lars Wirzenius (temporary)
- social events (formal dinner, sight seeing, trips...)
- formal dinner with DPL
- sight seeing tour for both DDs and attendance
- propably 2 or 3 evening events (disco/party, dinner, heuriger...)
- 1 or 2 trips (eg boat trip/river cruise, some village/city nearby)
- HUT has already pre-reserved some rooms ?
- turism and social events
- sunday, possibly an organized trip to somewhere
- Somewhere in Finland
- visit to Linus' house
- accounting/treasurery/money stuff
- possibility of bringing people who cannot afford the trip
- who is elegible: speakers, DDs, NMs, ...
- taking care of accounting
- local non-profit/for-profit organization
- relationship with sponsors
- Nokia Institute ?
- possible problems with competing companies
- liiwi is going to talk with people from the kauppakorkeakoulu
- Linux Aktivaatori is being contacted
- webmaster, communication media, information channels
- mailing lists are already working
- wiki ?
- web pages
- press contacts. R: Arto Teras
- video streaming/recording
- "We need cameras. No, more cameras."
- Otaniemi Underground Broadcasting S. ?
- Teemu (part)
> R: Martin Langhoff ?
- call for papers
- "papers must become papers": pdf or similar ?
- review board / decision board
- preparing the speakers for speaking
- R: Jeff Bailey ?
- graphical design
- design of logo and related colors/fonts/layouts
- taking care of items:
- base colors should not be white
- other things
- R: Jukka Rajala "montana"
- travel arrangements
- taking a bus from germany
- flying to UK**> Ryanair
- flying yo Estonia**> boat
- DUDE! just make the suggestions and delegate to the origin countries
- key signing party
- R: Mako and/or Weasel
- O'Reilly (books)
- Sun (where does that come from? they never bothered...)
- Nokia (already contacted)
- local linux companies: SOT, F-Secure
> R: Andreas Schuldei
- Conference Management System
- full blown talks, auditorium, rooms, food, management
> R: Gunnar Wolf