The DebConf17 team is currently using a Kanboard instance to track and manage organizing tasks.
This page documents our use of the tool to improve sync between team members.
 Access and accounts
The URL of the instance is: https://kanban.debian.net/
Accounts are created manually and may be requested in #debconf-team on IRC (OFTC network).
A public, read-only URL is also available: http://deb.li/dc17kbp
Project columns are used as follows:
- To Do: Tasks that have not yet started or been assigned.
- In Progress: Tasks that are actively being worked on.
- Stalled: Tasks that are on due to external factors (eg. missing funds, waiting on a vendor, pending a decision, etc.)
- Done: Drag-drop finished tasks in there.
 Creating a task
- Pick a short, descriptive title
- Write out all relevant details in the description section
- Pick an appropriate category (colors are automatically assigned according to categories)
- Set a due date, even if not obvious
Other task parameters such as complexity are mostly unused.
Please consider assigning the new task to yourself.
It's not required that the assignee do all the actual work involved: he or she can simply act as an overseer and ensure the task is completed in a timely fashion.
The following tags are in use:
- remote: tasks suitable for global participants
- newcomer: tasks which are easy to pick up
- help-wanted: assignee requesting some help
Please use the following features to provide additional context and/or information about tasks:
- File attachements
- External links
- Internal links (eg. between tasks)
Project notifications are available through RSS. The URL is listed on the project overview page.
RSS notifications are also sent to #debconf-team using a modified python-rss2irc.
A true IRC plugin for Kanboard is planned.