Volunteer tasks
Please note these are all pending the bid being successful.
- Lead a trip up Lion's Head
- Coordinate the day trips
- Lead a day trip...
- Organise a day trip by train to AIMS / Muizenberg / Simon's Town
- Organise a day trip of surfing, or penguin viewing, or a visit to the naval museum, or town, or ...
- Coordinate the media releases, general media strategy coordinator
- Coordinate / contribute to logo design, artwork for merchandise
- Coordinate the look and feel of the concept, consistent style across all documents
Join the mailing list to find out more, or join the IRC channel:
- Mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subscribe, and you'll receive a confirmation email.
- IRC Channel: #debconf16-capetown on OFTC (irc.oftc.net)
And if these are unfamiliar to you, please email email@example.com for assistance or more info.
 Design brainstorming questions:
- When is the conference taking place?
- Where is it being held?
- I have researched the previous websites and they seem quite basic. Is the information on the Site all the information that must go onto the site?
- What is your target market?
- Could you give me please some “lingo” of words that are used quite frequently with developers.
- What are the favourite sayings/quotes/statements that are used? That are familiar with in the industry?
- Are we open to colours? or do you have any in particular that you would prefer? Cape Town is rather vibrant so was thinking of rather warm colours?
- I see in all your websites you have a theme of a mountain/town of where the conference is being held would you like me to keep that theme going?
- Do you have any “holy cows” you mentioned the swirl? What is the swirl? Is it a logo? or an important icon? What does it represent?
- Are there any fonts in particular that you would like to use? or do we have a free rein here?
- Please let me know more about your target market i.e.: are they conservative, contemporary, serious but like a bit of fun, are they “nerdy” about coding? Like I would be “nerdy” about design. etc...
- Is there a theme for the Conference that things a centred around or are we free to come up with ideas?
- Marketing Material: would you need:
- Visual Aids to introduce your speakers?
- Customised Pencils and pads?
- A name tag on a string to go around the neck?
- We could do T-shirts for delegates or for them to buy.
- Banners (standing ones/roll up) Maybe at the entrance or at the registration desk. (standard size or please specify)
- A programme or line up of speakers and events? if so what size? Anything else you could think of?
- Will there be a party to end the conference?
- Is there any other info you can supply me with about the conference or about previous conferences that stood out the most? Anything that should be avoided?