General Portland Travel
 Food and Drink
- Cheap Eats reviews
- Portland Food Carts
- Still More Dining Reviews
- Yet More Dining Reviews
- Restaurant reviews
- Voodoo Donuts - it's become a bit of a Portland institution. You won't usually be able to just pop in and get a donut, expect a line... a very long line.
- A great list of Portland food places - been hoarding this list for a while. Haven't been to all of the places on the list, but have loved each one I have been to. YUM!
 Quick-ish escapes
Quick-ish because if you're serious you could blast through any one of these activities in a couple of hours, but really, who can only spend a couple of hours at Powell's?
- Powell's City of Books - If you don't go, you'll probably regret it later
- Portland Saturday Market - Saturday and Sunday
- Portland Farmer's Market at PSU - Saturdays 8:30am-2pm
- Portland Farmer's Markets - Portland has several farmer's markets, none as convenient as PSU, but open on other days.
- Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI)
- Oregon Zoo
- Portland Children's Museum
- World Forestry Center
- The Portland International Rose Test Gardens
- Portland Japanese Garden
- Lan Su Chinese Garden
- Assorted Activities
- Nature and Wildlife
- Keep Portland Weird
- Is it Snowing in Portland
- Snazzy Portland
- The PSU Bike Hub offers daily bike rentals. There are several great rides around Portland.
 Day Trips
Decided to stay in Portland instead of heading out on the organized day trip? Here is a fun local alternative. You could incorporate several of the items on the "Quick-ish" list too.
- The 4T Trail Hike - a 4 mile hike that has you all over downtown Portland - using the Train (MAX), a Trail, the Tram, and the Trolley. You can make it a quick 3-4 hour trip, or you can make a day of it with some tourist stops along the way.
 Fun for kiddos
Portland is a pretty kid friendly city, so I'm hard pressed to say anything above isn't kid-friendly. But here are a few more resources for finding kid-friendly activities
- Family Events calendar and more
- Another Family Events calendar
- Comprehensive list of all the fountains, splash pads and water parks - just in case it's hot and you need to cool off.