DebConf13 Decission meeting points:
- Feb 20 20:06:37 <gwolf> #info The designated speakers are, for Latvia, aigarius_lv and pecisk_lv, and for Switzerland, gismo_ch and gaudenz_ch
- Feb 20 20:07:07 <gwolf> #info the channel is now moderated. For participation, please join #debconf-discuss and we will try to relay.
- Feb 20 20:16:14 <gwolf> #info Switzerland focuses on a "DebConf inside the nature"
- Feb 20 20:17:19 <gwolf> #info Proposed venue: "Le Camp", managed by YMCA, can accomodate 325 people plus campers (camping allowed)
- Feb 20 20:19:15 <Caroll> #info bid teams have 10 minutes to give a quick introduction
- Feb 20 20:21:49 <gwolf> #info Latvia bid: In the University in the center of Riga (capital); accomodation available in hostels or more expensive hotels
- Feb 20 20:23:45 <gwolf> #info Riga is either a cheap student focused bid or a really touristy bid, depending on how much we have to spend
- Feb 20 20:29:05 <Caroll> #info Latvia priority list http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Latvia/PriorityList
- Feb 20 20:29:35 <Caroll> #info Switzerland priority list http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Switzerland/Bid/PriorityList#DebConf_PriorityList
- Feb 20 20:31:00 <gwolf> #info Weather in August in .ch is usually sunny, 15-25°C
- Feb 20 20:31:42 <gwolf> #info For sponsorship information: debian.ch is sponsored by <http://www.init7.ch/>, which has been already contacted for DebConf13; for other sponsors >http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Switzerland/minutes-20111116#Possible_sponsors
- Feb 20 20:33:03 <gwolf> #info Latvian team: No significant local monetary sponsorship is expected, as the current crisis has hit Latvia particularly hard. Situation might change later on.
- Feb 20 20:40:33 <gwolf> #info Overall preliminary budgets offered: Switzerland, ~€175,000; Latvia, ~€147,350
- Feb 20 20:41:43 <aigarius_lv> #info Latvia with a hostel option - 86,000 €
- Feb 20 20:41:47 <gwolf> #info Actually, Latvia has two possible bids, depending on our desired luxury level: 85,925 and 147,350
- Feb 20 20:43:36 <gwolf> #info .lv option includes daytrip and formal dinner (~15000€ together)
- Feb 20 20:44:42 <gwolf> #info Latvia is more affordable.
- Feb 20 20:46:31 <gwolf> #info Switzerland has a stronger, maturer, more experienced local team
- <gwolf> #info Working spaces is a tie.