Text of agreement
 Letter to ISIC
Letter of Understanding regarding ISIC handling of Debian funds during DebConf12
175 Rue du Chevaleret
[That should be on the right-hand side of the page]
Semáforos el colonial 20 varas arriba
[Date, on the right-hand side of the page]
Dear Mr. García,
This letter confirms what has been discussed informally during the course of the past months.
If ISIC agrees to enter into these terms of our relationship, please sign the enclosed document and return it to my office.
This will be the thirteenth year of DebConf, and we are pleased to host DebConf12 in Nicaragua.
As Debian Project Leader, I thank you for helping to make DebConf12 a success, and look forward meeting you in Managua and discussing further opportunities of collaboration between Debian and ISIC,
Debian Project Leader
 Agreement sheet to sign and return
DebConf local organization agreement
- DebConf is a project of Debian. Final authority and oversight for DebConf comes from the DebConf chairs, as authorized by the Debian Project Leader <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Debian seeks the help of ISIC in holding funds for the organization of DebConf12 in Managua. These Debian funds are currently held by other NGOs, such as Software in the Public Interest, Inc (SPI). and the Verein zur Förderung freier Informationen und Software e.V. (FFIS)
Contact information for FFIS:
Am Zollbaum 7
Contact information for SPI:
Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
P.O. Box 501248
Indianapolis, IN 46250-6248
- Debian also seeks the help of ISIC in receiving new funds from DebConf12 sponsors.
- It is understood that these funds are owned by Debian, and held "in trust" at ISIC. Money will be spent and DebConf contracts or agreements signed only with the express consent of the DebConf global team.
- Funds sent to ISIC will be used only to support Free Software and its development, as required by the charters of SPI and FFIS.
- Upon request, a list of all transactions will be provided to the DebConf accountant, Debian Auditor or Debian Project Leader. Full records will be kept at all times and periodically handed over to the DebConf accountant. The DebConf accountant requests the ability log in to ISIC's accounting system and see DebConf12-earmarked transactions, if this is possible.
- After the end of the conference, any remaining DebConf12 funds, will be returned to one of Debian's fund holding organizations (SPI and FFIS). The money shall be returned no later than 7 working days after request by the DebConf global team, once local expenses are settled.
- It is asserted that there are no known legal problems in removing surplus DebConf12 funds from Nicaragua at the conclusion of DebConf12.
signed: ISIC president
 Notes for our own information
This agreement is based on the one written for DIVA for DebConf11.