Text of agreement
 Letter to DIVA
Letter of Understanding regarding NGO DIVA handling of Debian funds during DebConf11
175 Rue du Chevaleret
[That should be on the right-hand side of the page]
President, NGO DIVA
Bosna i Hercegovina
Dear Mrs. Josić,
This letter confirms what has been discussed informally during the course of the past months.
If DIVA agrees to enter into these terms of our relationship, please sign the enclosed document and return it to my office.
This will be the twelfth year of DebConf, and we are pleased to host DebConf11 in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
As Debian Project Leader, I thank you for helping to make DebConf11 a success, and look forward meeting you in Banja Luka and discussing further opportunities of collaboration between Debian and the NGO DIVA,
Debian Project Leader
 Agreement sheet to sign and return
DebConf local organization agreement
- DebConf is a project of Debian. Final authority and oversight for DebConf comes from the DebConf global team <email@example.com>, as authorized by the Debian Project Leader <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Debian seeks the help of the NGO DIVA in holding funds for the organization of DebConf11 in Banja Luka. These Debian funds are currently held by other NGOs, such as Software in the Public Interest, Inc (SPI). and the Verein zur Förderung freier Informationen und Software e.V. (FFIS)
Contact information for FFIS:
Am Zollbaum 7
Contact information for SPI:
Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
P.O. Box 501248
Indianapolis, IN 46250-6248
- Debian also seeks the help of the NGO DIVA in receiving new funds from DebConf11 sponsors.
- It is understood that these funds are owned by Debian, and held "in trust" at DIVA. Money will be spent and DebConf contracts or agreements signed only with the express consent of the DebConf global team.
- Funds sent to DIVA will be used only to support Free Software and its development, as required by the charters of SPI and FFIS.
- Upon request, a list of all transactions will be provided to the DebConf accountant, Debian Auditor or Debian Project Leader. Full records will be kept at all times and periodically handed over to the DebConf accountant. The DebConf accountant requests the ability log in to DIVA's accounting system and see DebConf11-earmarked transactions, if this is possible.
- After the end of the conference, any remaining DebConf11 funds, wth the exception of those provided by the Government of Republika Srpska, will be returned to one of Debian's fund holding organizations (SPI and FFIS). It is understood that the €150000 from Republika Srpska will be considered to be spent "first", to allow the maximum surplus to be returned to Debian for the purpose of subsequent Debian conferences. The money shall be returned no later than 7 working days after request by the DebConf global team, once local expenses are settled.
- It is asserted that there are no known legal problems in removing surplus DebConf11 funds from Bosnia and Herzegovina at the conclusion of DebConf11.
signed: DIVA president
 Points to include in any agreement
- Money is held "in trust" for the Debian project. The DebConf global team, under authorization of delegation by the Debian Project Leader has the authority to decide how it should be spent.
- Money received for DebConf from FFIS or SPI will only be used to support free software.
- Money will be spent and agreements signed only on agreement from the DebConf global team, the debconf-team mailing list.
- Upon request, a list of all transactions will be provided to the DebConf accountant or Debian Auditor or Debian Project Leader. Full records will be kept at all time and periodically (weekly?) handed over to the DebConf accountant. Preferably, the DebConf accountant will be able to log in to DIVA's accounting system and see DebConf11-earmarked transactions.
- Remaining funds will be sent to FFIS at the conclusion of the conference, when directed by the DC11 global team. Exception is any government-supplied (and not spent) money, which should be returned back.
 Notes for our own information
- Money from the <government> shall be spent "first", allowing the maximum amount (raised from sponsors) to be transferred to FFIS as a surplus for DebConf12. (holger thinks this shouldnt be included in the agreements. but for the time being its good to have it here to explain what will happen)
- There is a tax of 10% on travel sponsorship paid from the government money. But paying 10% tax is less bad than losing all the money. :)