Here are the most important rules mandated by law:
Objects of Negligible Value
- Goods of a non-commercial nature, including gifts and souvenirs, contained in passengers personal luggage not exceeding a customs value of 200 KM (~100€);
- Tobacco products: 200 cigarettes or 100 cigarillos or 250 grams of tobacco
- Alcoholic beverages: 2 litres of still table wine, 1 litre of spirits or strong liqueurs over 22% volume; or 2 litres of fortified wine, sparkling wine or other liqueurs
- Perfumes and toilet water: 60 cc/ml of perfume and 250 cc/ml of toilet water.
- Travelers under 17 years of age are not entitled to import goods stated above
Drugs and technical quipment
- Technical Equipment: proof of belonging (usually a receipt)
- Pharmaceutical products and Medicaments: doctor’s prescription
(Note: see the mailing list thread about likely real-world interpretation of these conditions.)
- Firearms, explosives, ammunition, live animals, endangered species
Prohibited goods for import
- Unlicensed drugs, offensive weapons, counterfeit and pirated goods, meat, milk, and other animal products.
For a detailed customs rules and laws read the official Government document.