This page exists to document the requirements for a DebConf network.
- What has prior DebConf bandwidth been?
 Network topology
- IPv4 required.
- IPv6 preferred.
- Dynamic address range required to be larger than IPv4/24. 253 addresses will run out very quickly.
 Wireless AP density / configuration
- Preferred protocol/channel layout:
- 802.11g-only on 2.4 GHz
- 802.11an-only on 5 GHz
- 802.11n disabled on 2.4 GHZ
 Wireless security (WEP/WPA, login portals)
- Required to not be a captive portal. (Browser-less devices must be able to use the network.)
- WPA2 is preferred.
 Ethernet port capacity / distribution
- Lack of port filtering is required.
 Network for the video team
The video team's networking requirements are documented at Videoteam/Network.