DebConf 4 will be hold in Porto Alegre, Brazil, from May 26th to June 2nd, right before FISL (Internacional Free Software Forum).
This is a internal work page, not intended for people outside from the organizing committee. "Regular" information at our website: http://www.debconf.org/debconf4/
General TODO List:
- Call For Papers - Will we go for the simple-mail or will we copy FISL's one (I don't see why)
- Press Release
- Air fare sponsorship taskforce - We have to decide how it's going to work. What will our criteria be and so on.
- Macan's document
- Conference websystem (basicly scheduling) - something like ["MCal"] or PHP-Calendar
- And conference documentation - this is a long term issue: we have to document our experience so people can reuse it in DebConf5, 6, 7...
Web Site TODO List:
Still need working DRUPAL/node/view/11
- MOSTLY Transport (to and from airport, FISL, cabs, bus - specially signs and prices)
- DONE Rent cars
- DONE Local area map
- Kinds of local foods (information for vegans)
- Nice places to visit around Porto Alegre and how to go there (like parks, museums, restaurants, etc)
- BEGAN Laundry (SESC have one)
- BEGAN Public wireless lans - need the blueprints information
- Mobile phone networks
- BEGAN Electricity (voltage, Hz, wall socket types). See http://www.dbicorporation.com/internat/intpower.htm
- DONE Whether there are diseases (malaria?) that people need to get vaccinated for?
- DONE Tipping practices
- DONE Emergency phones
- DONE Inform about yellow fever vacuum. See http://www.braziltourism.org/
- A wiki page for people feedback
During the Conf:
- DONE Support for DD with special needs (blinds too) - SESC have availability, or they can manage with partnerships with other places/
- Ask local people to monitor groups during Debconf
- Put a list on the web site and around the event with local DD and volunteers telephones
- Have a first aid kit at SESC (medicaments for headache, etc)
- During the subscription, confirm with the attendes, the name and the phone to contact in any emergency case.
- Make a formal dinner, when DPL can talk
<enrico> A useful thing that we had in Vis were facilitators: someone whose duty was to make things go smooth. An example of a facilitator role could be having a walk around from time to time and updating a big central whiteboard with all that is going on
We're discussing the DebConf4Digital infrastructure.