The 14th Cheese and Wine party
TBD 2018, starting at TBD
Cheese is Good For You. Wine also helps. This C&W is the 14th official DebConf Cheese and Wine party. The first C&W was improvised in Helsinki during DebConf 5, in the so-called "French" room.
Cheese and Wine parties are now a tradition for DebConf. The event is very simple: bring good stuff from your country, preferably edible. Grapes and lactose are both optional: we like cheese and wine, but we love the surprising stuff that people bring from all around the world. Even if you don't bring anything, feel free to participate: our priorities are our users and free cheese.
Some bits from previous C&W:
- DebConf12, Managua, Nicaragua, July 10th 2012 (pictures wanted)
- C&W9, DebConf13, Vaumarcus, Switzerland, August 12th 2013
- C&W10, DebConf14, Portland, USA, August 25th 2014 (Look at IMG_1925.JPG up to IMG_2025.JPG)
Write to the debconf-discuss mailing list.
Can I participate to C&W (AKA eat and drink) if I couldn't bring anything?
A: Sure you can. No cheese control at entrance (however, see notes below). No "secret cheese cabal" checklist. But you can certainly find something to bring. No cheese? Maybe some nice bottle of <insert favourite $beverage here>. Or some nice thing to eat from your place. Whatever.
I couldn't bring anything from $HOME but would like to participate. Is there a way to do so?
A: You can help us! C&W helpers meetings will be indicated on this page and announced on debconf-announce.
I brought XXX and don't know where to store it
A: TBD. There will be a fridge on-site. (Unknown fact: Andrew Lee needs to check that out)
I forgot what is it that I brought !
A: We'll try to track back what it is that you brought with you.
Anything I should do when bringing goods?
A: Please make sure it is labelled, either from its packaging or by a readable note from you.
 Orga Team and tasks
- Cheese Master
- Cheese Assistants (Volunteers with tasks assigned until the C&W time)
- Cheese collection (collecting cheese and wines from people):
- Cleaning team:
- Cheese labelling team (creates labels to put on cheese - meeting time TBD):
- Cheese cutting team (prepare and arrange stuff at the venue - from 18h):
- Leftovers collection team (taking care of the leftovers after the party):
- Bread team:
- Tools team (collects special knives, corkscrews, etc.'): TBD has ~X good kitchen knives
- Available volunteers aka wanabee Cheese Assistants (please add yourself to a team)
 Shopping list
- barbecue sticks (for cheese labels)
- Transparent film to store leftovers
- plastic wrap or plastic bags
- breads/crackers (fresh, to be purchased on the day)
- plain, baguettes, french bread (the best would be to call TBD - a really good bakery X mins away from the venue - a day in advance and make sure they'll have enough baguettes)
- gluten-free crackers
- corn chips (are gluten-free)
 Taiwan Customs Regulations
You can import up to TBD kilograms of cheese per person.
 Vegan options
Vegans do not eat cheese. Can they still attend?
 Non drinker options
I don't drink alcohol. Can I still attend?
 What will be available during the party?
Please add your entry in alphabetical order. Please choose one, two, or exceptionnally three, representative cheeses or food items from a place (list of cheeses).
It is recommended to target pieces that can be cut in about 10/20 slices/portions/whatever each.
We will try to label stuff based on the information pasted on this list, so please put everything here!
(countries list not exhaustive: this is a copy/paste from last year's C&W)
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- South Africa