Content team
The CfP will be published this week. Content team and Publicity team have been collaborating a lot in the past few days to make this happen.
This is what we are planning:
Options for sponsored:
- On-site: 30 beds (capacity can be extended)
- Hotel Universel: 2 standard rooms with 2 double beds
- On-site: 60 beds
- McGill Residences: 80 single and 8 double rooms reserved
- Hotel Universel: 10 standard rooms with 2 double beds (for families, mobility impaired)
- Families and couples with non-sponsored spouse would pay cost delta
Options for self-paying:
- On-site: YES
- We don't expect to fill 60 beds with sponsorees, but if we do, we can extend capacity to 90 beds
- 25 CAD per night
- McGill Residences: NO
- Royal Victoria College is at capacity 5 to 13 august
- There may be available rooms during the week at RVC, or in othe residences
- Hotel Universel: YES
- We have 10 rooms reserved for self-paying
- Beyond 10 there should be extra rooms available, albeit not in Standard class (Superior or Prestige)
pollo has done some work on the registration form and will try to implement it this week.
The caterer accepted our modifications to the contract. Very minor details now remain and we plan to sign at the same time we sign the venue contract.
Everything is ready for the CfP.
 SPI and DC17
Lavamind is in touch with SPI's treasurers already.
 Sending an update on debconf-announce ML
We will try to send an update on the dc-announce ML this week. If you want to contribute, please help us on this pad: https://storm.debian.net/shared/H4YOX7fF56MrEuxLMPzAuGRb5dKoI3wplGjK1bZ6_Od
 People present