Welcome to new locals!
Recently, three new people joined our group:
- soli (fundraising)
- abdelq (immigration & visa)
- bibit (dealing with non-technical stuff such as talking to companies)
 Conference program
A first speaker has been contacted but declined. 2 more people will be contacted soon!
We also talked about a possible conference theme but could not agree on anything.
Tiago has not had time to do anything. More news next meeting!
Valessio proposed some visuals: https://s13.postimg.org/4nrtsl3s7/dc17_web.png
He said he would start working on CSS soon.
We talked a lot and decided:
- we would plan for a majority of sponsored people to stay in classrooms
- we would rent as much hotel rooms as we can without risk to give us the option to have a majority of sponsored people at the hotel if we wish
- we will not consider asking sponsored people to pay a delta to get a hotel room
 Budget draft
Budget has been drafted! A few things are missing, but we are looking for around 230-50K CAD to raise from sponsorship.
We need a 5M CAD civil liability insurance for the venue :(
 New meeting time
We will keep this meeting schedule (meetings on thursdays 20:00 UTC each 2 weeks) since we could not find something better.
 Action items
- lavamind & madduck
* to work on potential risk-free rooms to reserver at the hotel
* to find someone to look into private assurances for our stuff * to find someone to find out how much a 5M$ insurance would cost us * to write summary of the meeting on the wiki + ML
 People present