(Difference between revisions)
(add new sections for activity just after bid approval)
(dc18 timeline was created)
|(3 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)|
|Line 66:||Line 66:|
* Final Report
* Final Report
= Examples =
Revision as of 03:26, 17 February 2017
Month -18 (approximately)
- Congratulations, you won the bid for DebConfX!
- The first activity on your list is to start getting involved with teams for DC-1X. It's a great way to gain experience in how DebConf works (and doesn't), and build up skills for running a DebConf.
- Prepare a press release announcing the bid [Global Team, DCX Team]
Month -17 (approximately)
- Start work on the venue contract [Facilities Team, DCX Team]
- Start work on the conference logo [DCX Team]
- Start work on the conference website. If any infrastructure changes are planned (e.g. new templating system or new scheduling/registration system), it's very important to start early. [Infra Team, DCX Team]
- Start work on the sponsor's brocure. [Sponsors Team, DCX Team]
- Attend DC-1X, and volunteer on-site. [Local Team]
- Present a session about DCX, what attendees can expect. [DCX Team]
- Finalize sponsor's brochure [Sponsors Team, DCX Team]
- Finalize venue contract (if not already completed) [Facilities Team, DCX Team]
- Create a basic page of how to reach host city for people planning their trips [DCX Team]
- Call for papers + Opening of registration [Content Team, Infra Team]
- Get budget approved [Facilities Team, DCX Team]
- Decide on T-shirt printer, and T-shirt design (colors, logo placement, etc)
- Reminder on the registration dates + initial announcement of some content
- Deadline for attendees to request sponsorship
- Bursaries responds to attendees that requested sponsoring saying yes or no
- Figure out childcare offers and coordinate with any parent attendees [Facilities Team]
- Start working on a "Welcome to DCX" file with all the info in as few pages as possible (personalized to include personal info including dates, amount that needs to get paid, etc)
- Order T-shirts
- Finalize numbers for lodging
- Complete the "getting to" page with pictures and step-by-step on how to reach the venue and lodging
- Send out the personalized "Welcome to DCX" file
- Make a "Welcome" post to the site on the first day.
- Enjoy the conference!
- Make a thanks and wrapup post to the site on the last day.
- Final Report