- Prev Surplus: Amount given from past conference AND "SPI Float"
- from Debian: Amonut given to DebConf from Debian for this year (excluding "surplus)
- Fundraised: Amount of new money from sponsors, attendee fees, or other sources.
- Spent: Actual costs of that conference.
- Surplus: Amount left over for next conference (seed + from Debian + fundraised - spent). This isn't the surplus from a given year, but the amount rolled over to the next year.
Amounts from final reports
This is what the final reports say. These are not from the "budget over the years" table, except where noted. The final reports might not reflect everything accurately, but are often the best we have to work with.
- DC4 (1 R$ = .33 USD in 2004)
- Fundraised: R$ 150,640.00
- Spent: R$ 109,236.21
- Surplus: R$ 41,403.79 = 13663 USD
- "Sponsorship budget: 130000€" (this is from the budget table, no other info)
- Total cost: 150,000 USD (from the)
- no other info in final report
- Total expenses "to date": 67,369.64 £
- Total amount recieved: 80961.40
- Sponsorship: 67,282.45 £ (+ 5000 £ pledged)
- Debian Seed fund: 4,961.02 £ (10000 USD from SPI)
- DebConf6 surplus: 3,717.93
- Surplus: 10000 USD to return to SPI (was it returned?) + 8000 £ for DC8
- Received: 178000 USD
- From Debian: 10000 USD
- DC7 surplus: 23000 USD
- Sponsors: 127000 USD
- Attendee fees: 28000 USD
- Spent: 160026.93 USD
- Passed to DC9: 18000 USD
- Received: 178000 USD
- Received: 109571 €
- Spent: 56446 €
- Budget: 75000 USD
- Passed to DC10: 53145 €
- DC9 (numbers from ledger)
- To DC10: 1820.81 GBP, 37065.15 EUR, 8240.51 USD (total = 44,970.55 EUR)
- From DC8: 462.00 EUR
- Debian: recieved 20000 USD, gave back 3580 GBP. (total = 9,960.17 received)
- DC10 (numbers from the ledger)
- From DC9: 1820.81 GBP, 37065.15 EUR, 8240.51 USD (total=44970.55 EUR)
- From DC8: 630 USD (total = 443.82 EUR)
- Debian: took 41208.94 USD, gave back 39611.05 EUR (total = 10580.45 given back)
Amounts from budget spreadsheets
These numbers come from budget spreadsheets in svn. These are not necessarily updated after the conference and may be inaccurate. They are also hard to understand so I may not have transcribed them here properly.
|N||Prev Surplus||from Debian||Fundraised||Spent||Surplus|
|8||13137 USD||0||61899.50 USD||66550.22 USD||8486.27 USD|
|9||7209.43€ (6000 USD + 462€ + 2125.15£)||14260€ (=20000 USD)||97625.51€||58810.66€||60284.28€|
|10||75589 USD||0||137674 USD||182244.18 USD||31018.82 USD|
DC7 numbers in this section are very inaccurate, with several planned amounts larger than what was actually spent.
- DC7 Sun and AMD, did these two sponsors ever pay? I am assuming so.
- DC10: GSOC/newbies count as fundraising.